Search the forum,

Discuss Santon Premier 300ltr unvented cyl question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buller44

Hi ppl, went to a customers house yesterday to look at a hot/cold water problem. They have a Santon Premier 300ltr unvented cylinder. Whilst looking at the configuration of the pipe work I have noticed that there are 3 draw off for the balanced cold after the expansion tee is this normal? I have always thought that the balanced should be after the pressure reducing and relief valve and before the expansion.

No it's incorrect. The balanced cold feed supplies should be after the pressure reducing valve but before the prv/non return (expansion valve). Order of componenta

isolation
pressure reducing valve
balanced cold
expansion valve which incorporates prv and non return
expansion vessel
cylinder inlet

Thank you dmheat I thought this was this case, customer is losing pressure and flow after a few days. Have been out as they only live a few doors away. Turn off isolation, open hot tap and manually open prv put everything back on and all is really good. Would the incorrect configuration of the balanced outlets cause this? Have checked expansion and that is all fine.

some combi valves do not have a balanced cold connection so the balanced cold would be after the other controls but should/ can be piped before the expansion vessel tho its position should not really cause any major issues (being after the expansion connection).

post a picture.

Check MI's,having the balanced cold piped downstream of the expansion valve (which will incorporate non return valve if inlet group doesn't have balanced cold connection) basically eliminates the purpose of the non return valve in the first place.

whats are you terming a expansion valve?

the check valve is to stop back flow/expansion back down the main. below is how your recommened to pipe up a santon pp.The balanced cold is between the combi valve and the expansion vessel before the cold feed to the cylinder.

unvneted.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon Premier 300ltr unvented cyl question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock