Discuss Safety checks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never set off a prv. If it aint dribbling - its working as far as im concerned

What amazes me in this industry is that there's set regulations that we have to adhere to. As mentioned 26/9. Yet out of the very few replies to this question, there's already a debate about whether a specific test should be carried and how it should be done. Are the regs put in place as guidance and should we determine how to use them ? We all do things very differently.

With respect, how is that "testing"?. A proper test, if you are going to do it, IMO, is to make sure the valve opens at the required pressure. (Although I dont do oil, just gas). Personally, I don't - there is way too much chance of the valve not seating and causing a repair, or worse, a call back. I don't know about oil boiler PRV's but gas ones are generally make/model specific, reasonably expensive, and can be a real pain to change.

Manual is better than ignoring because you cant be ar$ed to fix it.

Its just making sure it lifts and has not been manufactured incorrectly or seized in place.

Oil ones are about £6 and a piece of p to change.

Manual is better than ignoring because you cant be ar$ed to fix it.

Its just making sure it lifts and has not been manufactured incorrectly or seized in place.

Okay, fair enough.
But I thought you said you test them :yesnod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Safety checks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new worcester bosch. 1000 combi boiler to replace 18yr old vokera. No problems with new boiler. Enquiring about yearly maintenance /...
Replies
Views
If doing safety checks on a new oven. You check the fsd on the hobs are operating within 30seconds. Are modern ovens now mainly thermo electric...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need someone to do my annual gas service and issue me a domestic gas safety certificate. In addition the megaflow cylinder needs checking...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need someone to do my annual gas service and issue me a domestic gas safety certificate. In addition the megaflow cylinder needs checking...
Replies
Views
If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock