Discuss Running Gas Pipe in Kitchen for cooker. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blayedrunner

Gents, a bit of advice please. Have been asked to move a gas pipe for a cooker to another point in a kitchen. The gas pipe comes from the roof down the wall. Now i need the gas point to be 750mm above floor but due to electric cables running at 900mm i need to pass them while being 25mm away, they will then dry line the wall. Ok so my thought, i chase the pipe an run in steel barrel covered in PVC under the wiring. Then run along wall to new point.
So a number of questions, is this best way? If so how do i seal ends (ie from roof an where it comes out to run along wall after wire)? Do i need to ventilate as they are dry lining it after me or do your brilliant minds have a better way???

Thanks in advance

Has come down in price and if long run works out quite cheap,problem is you can only buy in large reels so if you do not use a lot can be stuck with a lot of left over pipe
Think if they started selling in smaller rolls would sell/be used a lot more
imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running Gas Pipe in Kitchen for cooker. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having a gas cooker pipe capped off. The GS registered plumber/ fitter, has told me that to do this, he’ll also have to service the combi...
Replies
Views
We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently moved in to a house and in one of the kitchen units where I want to put a intergrated freezer there is a small pipe coming...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock