Discuss rothenberger ro frost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anybody give me a review on one of these.

been toying with the idea of getting one for ages and now local plumbase has them on offer im thinking of getting one

but wanted some real working reviews on it from people i trust lol

ta

22mm pipe freezes in 3-5 minutes. Bottles are slightly heavier than a standard fire extinguisher and are standard CO2 bottles but MUST be liquid C02. I get mine from BOC as I have an account with them for my lead burning gear.

How do you know when it's frozen? Obviously you can't freeze flowing water? How about slightly flowing water?

water needs to be static to freeze. otherwise the bit you started off with will be down the plughole before the 3-5 mins is up

How do you know when it's frozen? Obviously you can't freeze flowing water? How about slightly flowing water?
Easy, after you feel that enough time has passed, just crack open the valve or tap slightly. No flow, means pipe is frozen.

As KayJay says, you can't freeze moving water (look at a fast flowing river for example in winter), but if the pipe is only dripping, I use 2 freezing heads spaced out and that usually freezes it.

I got one on system3's recommendation and it does the job really well. I am not using it as often as I thought I would do though. So think about how much you might need it before forking out for it and remember there is an ongoing cost of at least £100 a year of the contract with BOC. On balance I am glad I bought it and its reassuring to have it in the back of the van in case I need it.

It was the electric one I used. I had a pipe frozen for over an hour. was impressed with that.
How many freezes or how long can the bottles last?

Im looking for some help with my rothenberger and wondered if anyone knows who guest123 is? I cant seem to find a way to pm hi?? cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rothenberger ro frost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock