Discuss Rothenberger difference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

whats the difference between quick fire and supper fire 2 ????
Iv got a supper fire 2 but just bought a 2nd one as a back up off ebay my torch the ignighter is bust.
and the one i just bought is bust too !!!!

im planing on buying the service kits for them and fixing them both up soo ill have a back up??
is it a easy fix to strip down the torches and fit new service kits? pluss whats the difference in the two

Last edited by a moderator:
the quick fire has the small brass tip and no flame adjustment. the superfire 2 has the bigger silver tip and flame adjustment. I think.

give them a call and complain, they will send you the service kit free.

and while your on the phone ask them why there tools are getting worse and worse?

Really sound daft but has any one ever done it?? and it worked if soo what did you say for them to send you a freebie??
is there a uk land line ill call them tomoz and let you know how i get on lol

and while your on the phone ask them why there tools are getting worse and worse?
Im in the middle of a email to them now!!!! what tools are you finding crapy and why so i can add it in my email

just in general, they are putting there name on some poorly made chinese stuff, especially on sale in the sheds. Same can be said for many other manufacturers i guess, bacho, stanley to name a couple. sign of the times.

the pipe slices are alot worse than they was, i now only use monument. maybe its out of there control and the manufacturer has dropped its standards? the 28mm plastic pipe slice is pants.

Its a sad day when in reality forge steel do a better quality pipe slice than the rothenburger ones!

We need an old school style tool company again. I wouldent care paying extra if the tools were the quality youd expect.

im ebaying plumbing tools that are 15+ years old now!

Its a sad day when in reality forge steel do a better quality pipe slice than the rothenburger ones!

We need an old school style tool company again. I wouldent care paying extra if the tools were the quality youd expect.

im ebaying plumbing tools that are 15+ years old now!

I got a record bender off ebay for about ÂŁ15, it was the older model with the bent arm 15-20 years old. It had been used for one bathroom and left in a garage after that by a diyer. It bends 22mm like a dream........... tool purn is even better when its a bargin :)

Supper fire 2 is better than quick fire IMHO, as you can regulate the flame. It's them little things that make the difference, like when using Speedfit don't just use plain inserts use the supper seal ones with the rubber ring on as an extra line of defense. Enough plumbing for now I'm going to have my fish super. Hope your torches hold up supper plumb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger difference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I bought my house last year and recently had a couple of radiators swapped for modern triple columns. Since they were installed they...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
Not an expert at all here, so please bear with me. We bought a Victorian terraced house early 2 years ago that was maintained quite well, with a...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 831 (one with small circle buttons) and it has passed gas service not long ago. However, the problem I have is when...
Replies
Views
Back