Search the forum,

Discuss Roca toilet leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrewjmdata

Hi, Water is leaking into the pan. I am pretty sure the part that lets water into the cistern is the problem.

So, I bought a Flowmaster Bottom Entry Fill Vale 0.5"... and it won't fit through the hole in the bottom of the cistern.

Any ideas as to how I solve the problem? I am a pretty decent DIYer and should be able to solve this but am vexed by why the Flowmaster won't fit!

Many thanks

Andy

in this situation i would reccomend a porsadrill from 365 drills. they are a forum sponser and a link is on the right hand side of this message window.

however i will also say that your problem will only be caused by the inlet valve if it doesn't shut off and the water level is filling to the point of overflow. if the inlet valve closes then it will be the seal on the flush valve

Hi Kay-Jay, Thanks for the reply.

I take your point about the inlet valve not shutting of properly. Is there not another solution than drilling out a hole in the bottom of the cistern? I am a bit loathed to do that unless absolutely necessary. Surely there must be a decent inlet valve that will fit?

Cheers

Andy

You need a 3/8" fill valve, put the old fill valve back in and let it fill if it starts to pass into the pan before the overflow point then you need a new siphon not a fill valve

Edit: I posted thinking it was a push button syphon, if it's not then it will be your fill valve as you already knew

Last edited:
Is it a syphon or a vari drop?

fordham_flushpanel_syphon.jpg

resize

Hi Andy

I had the same problem and it was the washer at the bottom - in fact just turning the washer over has solved the problem for now - try that hope it works - it took me months to solve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roca toilet leaking into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock