Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ridgid 57018 C Type Copper Tube Cutter, 15-22mm in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Cailean

Cailean Active Member

I bought this Ridgid pipe slice type cutter over a month ago and it's been extensively used every day since then.

It's attraction to me was that it cuts both 15mm and 22mm using only the one tool. However you pay a premium for this function, as my one cost me £35.77 which is more than you'd pay for two separate pipe slices. However, it's main feature is convenience and being a Ridgid tool, it's quality. I've relegated my 22mm cutter to the spare tools box.

It's extremely simple to use. Slide a small lever and the cutting wheels drop down to engage 15mm pipe, slide the lever back again and the cutting wheels lift to engage 22mm pipe. Nothing whatsoever requires tightening.

Changing the cutting wheel is also very simple and only requires pulling a pin out, so no more fluffing about opening cutters to get at the cutting wheel.

Cutting of copper pipe is quite simply superb. Three revolutions and the pipe is cut. As the cutting wheel dulls through use though, I'd expect more turns on the pipe to cut it.

This is everything I'd expect from a quality tool, and it is quite simply the best pipe slice I've ever used. For you lads using larger copper pipe, there's also a model that cuts up to 28mm.

Be aware that as this was originally intended for the American market, that there are versions in metric and imperial measurements, so make sure you get the metric version. Also in past reviews, I've read that the wheels are prone to rusting, so give it a quick spray of WD40 before popping it back in the tool bag.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DGT plumbing

DGT plumbing GSR

3. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Better than pipe slices?
    Would you buy another?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cailean

Cailean Active Member

5. Cailean

Cailean Active Member

This is a pipe slice type tool but cuts both 15mm and 22mm with the one pipe slice instead of needing to carry a 15mm plus a 22mm pipe slice in your tool bag.

6. Roverspete

Roverspete New Member

I’ve just bought mine direct from Ridgid for £28 inc VAT looking forward to using it

• Like Like x 1
  7. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Think it's too big to get in close to walls etc.

8. BYP

BYP GSR

Order placed, I bought the Ridgid 32673 too. Less than 24 hours on the forum and its cost me £50

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cailean

Cailean Active Member

It's roughly the same size as my Monument 22mm pipeslice so it fits fine into awkward places. It also has wee inbuilt slots on it that are there to insert the blade of a screwdriver to help push it round the pipe in awkward places. They seem to have really thought about the design of this.

10. Cailean

Cailean Active Member

Post up your thoughts on it after using it for a few days mate.

11. BYP

BYP GSR

The ridgid ratchet pipe cutter I ordered is great , much better than the nerrad one also mentioned on these forums. The other ridgid cutter is also useful

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tim S

Tim S New Member

Got one of these and it works really well. Bought off Amazon for about the same price as a decent pair of 15 & 22 slices

• Like Like x 1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RODGID 57018

2. ridgid pipe slice 15-22

3. rigid 32673 wheel pin

4. rigid c type wheel pin,
  5. rigid 57018 c 15mm-22mm tube cutters,
  6. rigid pipe slice

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RODGID 57018

2. ridgid pipe slice 15-22

3. rigid 32673 wheel pin