Search the forum,

Discuss Ribbed pipework after bending. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi its me again.
I am using the pipe guide on a hand held bender, but still gettin ribbed pipes on a 90 degree bend?
Why is the bend not a clean 90 degree sweep? thanks!:tounge_smile:

wrong guide for benders , or else it's a durex bender ! you cleaned the bender all the wheels nice and smooth running?

Hi its me again.
I am using the pipe guide on a hand held bender, but still gettin ribbed pipes on a 90 degree bend?
Why is the bend not a clean 90 degree sweep? thanks!:tounge_smile:

Are they new benders? Are the rollers jammed up?

Worn or tight roller pal, but it also could be the pipe itself , you can't do anything about that.

Do the "wheels" move against the former when you pull the bend?
also bend it with your arms, don't lean on it!

Thanks guys, for quick replies.
The wheel doesn,t turn when I pull the bend.
With force the wheel runs down the guide, without turning?:tounge_smile:

Put hacksaw blade between roller and guide can help. You got a piccy ? Haha

So on a hand held bender, the wheel must turn against the guide, to stop a ribbed bend?:tounge_smile:

Thanks, its hard this plumbing/heating game.
But this forum is impeccable,:tounge_smile:

If they are old benders get some wire wool and give the guide and the former a good scrub.

If your wheel isn't spinning freely then undo the wheel and coat the bolt which the wheel sits on with graphite grease/gas tap lubricant. The wheel will spin freely for months to come after that.

Do colleges actually teach anything nowadays? When I was at college, before we learnt how to use a bender, we were taught how to maintain one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ribbed pipework after bending. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock