Discuss Rf training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Heard a rumour they're going into liquidation - thought this might be helpful to anyone about to pay them any money.

You are correct as of Friday 26th October RF Training went into liquidation.
How do I know for sure? you might ask.
That's easy I was at the Atherton training centre on Friday finishing my 3rd week of the gas foundation course and had just had all my off the job practical assessments done when the insolvency practitioner came in and announced it to not just the trainees but also the staff and then sent us all home!!
if anyone knows of any training centres where I might be able to complete my exams and return after doing my portfolio to do my ACS.

You are correct as of Friday 26th October RF Training went into liquidation.
How do I know for sure? you might ask.
That's easy I was at the Atherton training centre on Friday finishing my 3rd week of the gas foundation course and had just had all my off the job practical assessments done when the insolvency practitioner came in and announced it to not just the trainees but also the staff and then sent us all home!!
if anyone knows of any training centres where I might be able to complete my exams and return after doing my portfolio to do my ACS.

If I was you I'd be writing to the liquidators pronto, asking for your money back, if not you'll be put to the bottom of the list.

If I was you I'd be writing to the liquidators pronto, asking for your money back, if not you'll be put to the bottom of the list.

I paid by CC so I shouldn't have a problem getting my money back but there were a couple of guys who paid via Debit Card that won't be so lucky.

hmmm, is this a sign of things to come 2 x training centres closed that Iknow of, how many more to follow?

There are far too many training centres - a lot of them beating the drum to the tune of "become qualified and earn £50K a year in no time".

The squeeze should cut the wheat from the chaff. We'll be left with the better establishments hopefully.

Last edited:
I thought the training a received at RF was fine and I could quite easily go out and do gas work without getting my Gas Safe as many do but I didn't want to be one of the "Cowboys" so decided to go through the gas foundation training as I work for myself and it was the best way I feel to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rf training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi, My step daughter was ripped off by a cowboy builder so I’ve been helping her out and fittted her two radiator. I’ve no idea what is under some...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock