Search the forum,

Discuss responsible person in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had an issue this morning but will start from begining ,

Earlier in the week i was asked to fit a gas hob in a house that was having a bit of a refurb , painting , doors ,windows , kitchen etc etc the usuals house all empty whilst this is happening .

As i am gsr was asked to fit the hob so turned up on site fitted what was required however the oven which was electric had not turned up so i mentioned to the kitchen fitter that if any issues with my pipes and oven let me know when it arrives , it should be ok as have done it same way on many others no issues .
Now when i fitted the hob majority of work had been done just few odds and sods left so i tested the gas all sound and left with it all on as couldnt see any nails /screws in pipes issues.

Following day had a phone call from the owner saying oven didnt fit as pipe in the way could i sort it out please , said no probs will be over saturday morning (today) cust happy with that and tells me where to pick up key .

Turned up this morning opens the front door and oommpphh house is absolutely humping with gas , immediately switched ecv off opens windows to vent house , and then carry out TT which drops like a stone .

Goes into kitchen and notice oven in place under hob and fixed back managed to stick my head around and notice the kitchen fitter has forced oven in and is putting stress on a copper /iron fitting. Gas is proper pouring out now aftyer speaking to fitter he says should never left gas on whilst i say it was safe and who would do something as stupid as stressing a gas pipe .

Imho its about the chippie chasing money and not giving a fudge

but where do you think gsr would stand in this scenario ??

If you'd had paperwork signed when we left I'd day your covered its like any job anything can happend when live left. In this case the chippie is a bum

I have fitted some hobs where the oven/space has left loads of room for the gas pipe,
others are so tight you have to squeeze pipe into a small space.
Shame the oven wasn't there to check.
If you left the job finished and safe, how can it be your fault?

maybe thinking to much after this morning chippie pointing blame ,

puts the spooks up you in situations like that

Seam to get this more & +more these days, Oven Manufacturer's not leaving enough room at rear for gas pipes do they think cos you have a electric oven that you will have electric hob as well, seems like chippi just banged in oven to finish job but he must have herd it hissing unless radio on to loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to responsible person in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock