Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss replacing ideal classic with logic heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
hi guys going to be taking out ideal classic and replacing with ideal logic heat 18. my only issue is the wiring with the pump as the classic only has the live, neutral, earth at boiler connections whereas the new logic's have the pump wiring at boiler also requiring a permanent live. was thinking of just starting a fresh as replacing pump and mid position anyway. just wondered what you guys thought?

if you can replace the cables

its a bungalow so replacing cables hopefully wouldnt be too bad as can take from airing cupboard up through loft and drop down to boiler

least you know its all above board and you have enough for your system

was hoping there would be a quicker way wiring it (time constraints) but looking towards getting the honeywell y plan pack and a new grundfoss pump . i used to use a sparky to speed things up but last logic he wired up he didnt put the permanant live in.

was hoping there would be a quicker way wiring it (time constraints) but looking towards getting the honeywell y plan pack and a new grundfoss pump . i used to use a sparky to speed things up but last logic he wired up he didnt put the permanant live in.

Did you tell him what the boiler required (2 x 3 core flat plus earth normally does)

I had a similar job and used a baxi eco blue as it doesnt need a pump over run cable

For what? 5 cores max inc an earth
LNE PL SL

Yea but it's the same pulling and the same cost no different except you have one spare core just incase

You can run 3+e and 2+e if you want down to each person

Twin and earth for mains and 3+e for your sl and pl still gives you a free core.
Its easier to identify in the future then as most people, me included don't wire by numbers.

Twin and earth for mains and 3+e for your sl and pl still gives you a free core.
Its easier to identify in the future then as most people, me included don't wire by numbers.

on each set and you should mark them anyway

Maybe you should but never in 40 years have i ever came across any cable that was marked other than when it was a sunvic box and someone had bothered to peel the labels off the sheet that came with them and wrap them around the cables as they went into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing ideal classic with logic heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock