Discuss Replacement TRV Head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Searcher2

I took my broken TRV head into my local plumbers hoping to get a replacement one. They said they couldn't get me one. I would think I could buy one on the net but can someone identify this head so I know what to look for please?

Attachments

• IMG_20160629_085620235.jpg
    IMG_20160629_085620235.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20160424_170624745.jpg
    IMG_20160424_170624745.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20160629_085607682.jpg
    IMG_20160629_085607682.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 43
Not necessarily,Plumbase do a trv head that has a big nut thread like that. Not saying it will fit but it might be worth a try

looks like a bg branded drayton valve,however i agree with alex,rust evident so gland may be leaking,new trv time

looks like a bg branded drayton valve,however i agree with alex,rust evident so gland may be leaking,new trv time

Yup, Drayton RT212 with different badge on it! Def knackered seal.

However, if it was on BG contract the line managed would probably ask the eng to use a service kit due to cost rather than replace whole valve...........

For what they cost you would Proberly pay more for the head + its been leaking just replace the complete valve, if you are going to do this your self I would be looking at the rest of the valves on the system, Drain system and replace all the ones that look worn, but depending on age of system may be a good idea to replace them all anyway.

Agreed. Replace valve. Will be chapter in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement TRV Head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock