Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Three Way Valve - Including Pipe Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davehart

Hello folks.

I need a replacement 3 port valve for my central heating system. The current unit I have is a Siemans / Landis & Staefa RHM mid port 3 way valve.

This one: heatingsparescentre.co.uk/siemens-c25/motorised-valves-actuators-c3028/siemens-rmh-2-3-port-spring-return-actuator-p22514

I replaced just the motor housing some time ago but the unit on the pipework is damaged this time around so I need to replace the whole lot. Looking around the valve I have is not that common and pretty hard to get hold of in one complete unit so I'm looking for a replacement.

Which one would be suitable and be a direct swop out for the one I have?

The pipework is 22mm so I need one with those fittings. There are not many plubers around who are free or I trust so I can do the work myself as its an easy job, I just need to make sure I'm getting the right replacement part thats going to fit.

Any help much appriciated.

Trust issues eh! Bit of a bugger that.

Not that easy either, especially if you don't know which valve to use. Not that easy this plumbing lark.

Go for Drayton or Honeywell. Ignore Danfoss imho.

Agreed. Assume you're gonna drain down?

Yeah going to fully drain the system down so its safe to remove the current pipework and cut off the power so I can wire the new unit in.

Do most three way valves share the same wiring regardless of brand?

There are some which will catch you out. Really depends what you've got now and how it's been wired

yes most share the same coloured wiring. a good tip is after you turn the electric off, cut the wires at the end where they are wired in leaving the wires in place so that when you rewire do it one at a time colour for colour.

5 wire connection for most common types looking around at a few?

There are occasional sixes but few and far between

There are occasional sixes but few and far between

Danfoss HSA3CD. Special on camray 5's.

I never wire back into the wiring center. I cut the cable at the head, strip back and use wago's and a wago junction box.

Yeah going to fully drain the system down so its safe to remove the current pipework and cut off the power so I can wire the new unit in.

Do most three way valves share the same wiring regardless of brand?

Sunvic have 4 wires: white, grey, orange, blue. Only drain sufficient to lower water below valve. Bleed pump on refill. Port A, central heating. Port B, DHW. Get multimeter so you can fault find and assume nothing until it's tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Three Way Valve - Including Pipe Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes sunk into wall behind bath. Walls have fresh tiles. Have realised as about to fit shower these pipes one is set higher than the other. If you fit a...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock