Discuss Renewing radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moody_gaz

The heating system in my house is over 20yrs old, the boiler (Vaillent combi) is on its last legs and the radiators are rusting. my question is- if I change the radiators, (which are all single panels off 10mm mini bore pipe), to double panels, whats the prescribed method of connecting to the original pipework given the fact that the valve centres will be further from the wall. In fact the standard radiator sizes semm to be different to the existig radiators also.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

with the 10mm full of gunk why not renew everything for a trouble free system, seems a shame not to do a proper job

I do the following and it looks neat enough:

Cut back 10mm pipe nearer the wall.
Bend a piece of 10mm pipe 90 degrees.
Cut to length and use end feed coupler.

the rads will be different sizes because your old rads are imperial sizes and new ones are metric. as for the piping i would do as oldplumber said and renew everything.

Replacing the pipwork will be impossible downstairs, (Hardwood flooring all over and tiles in kitchen). Although I could do upstairs.

i would put sludge remover in with a new magnacleaner on the return pipe or else replace the lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewing radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock