Search the forum,

Discuss Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carter69

I am looking to remove thermostatic cartridge as think either clogged up with limescale or other debris as it only gets lukewarm now and never hot enough to use.

How do I remove the red button over ride so I can slip off the back plate to do the maintenance?

There are no markings to show manufacturer.

Thanks

photo (8).jpg

I assume you can't push it in as you slide the back plate passed it then? Therefore the handles will be removable and by the looks of it they are just pushed on needing some careful brute force to remove by pulling

Thanks, been trying that, but the red over ride switch always sticks out by a few mm and impossible to remove handles to access cartridge.

Is there a certain position it should be set to to enable pushing the over ride button in all the way to remove handle?

Sorted over the weekend, the over ride was part of the silver collar. Needed some gentle coaxing with screwdriver to lever off.

Now the latest problem is the 2 screws to stop the water flow are completely jammed and seems someone previously has had a go and the heads are chewed up, no amount of WD40 has eased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine manufacturer. I see how to remove the handle but question the 2 metal rings which are part of the faucet. Do these need to be removed to access the...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not maintain temperature,due to water quality here and visible limescale in cartridges,decide to just replace entire shower for a nice new one. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock