Discuss Removing rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always plan to mention that i don't remove rubbish. i find if mentioned prior to any job being agreed to it's not an issue. problem is it is the one thing i always forget to bloody mention before quotes being accepted.

if it's a bunch of rads i just chuck em out front and give one of the local travelling vultures a text with an address. i admit it would look a tiny bit better to remove everything but not worth the hassle.

we just leave the old rads on the front in within 10 mins the scrap man would of took them and just put the cardboard in the recycling bin,

i always arrange the rubbish issue before starting .. been stung in the past. I will take small waste that will fit in green bin at home .. but ask for hippo bag/skip on the bill of job for bathroom suites.

Thanks for your replies, just wondered what you guys did, and, yes I do know about waste licences and permits.

Thanks for your replies, just wondered what you guys did, and, yes I do know about waste licences and permits.
rubbish from the packaging was from 5 rads? could you not have put the cardboard in your recycling and the plastic in a bin bag?

I dont take away the rubbish. Do you call the supermarket and ask them to remove the packaging your food comes in?

If the customer supplies the materials they dispose of the packaging. if I supply I dispose of it unless otherwise agreed.

Leaving rubbish behind gives a poor impression to my mind. "He made a nice job of the rads but you should have seen the mess he left behind"

I dont take away the rubbish. Do you call the supermarket and ask them to remove the packaging your food comes in?

No, but that is a false analogy. Its more like going to a restaurant for a meal, and then going into the car park and finding that they have put their rubbish in your boot.

If someone was working at my house and didnt remove their rubbish at the end of the job, I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't complain because I am English, and we don't complain.

But I would never use them again, and I would not recommend them to family or friends.

Whether that is right or wrong, its a fact. And I suspect the OP and his ladyfriend feel the same way.

For 900 I would have disposed of the waste. As said, if I supply materials then I get rid of the rubbish. If cust supplies then rubish stops. Any bathrooms I do now I include a mini skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock