Discuss Removing rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldtimer

Hi people. Please be gentle with me. My lady friend came home from holiday, turned the heating on and a rad split.
Explained to her on the phone how to isolate it and told her to contact the plumber who had worked for her before.
She told him that she wanted him to replace the split rad, plus four more which were the same age.
He gave her a price for the rads, plus trv's plus labour which she agreed to. When she got home from work, he had replaced the rads, taken the old rads and copper away, and left her to dispose of all the packaging etc.
Now I realise there is no scrap value in the packaging, but to pay out the best part of £900 and then have to load your car with cardboard etc and dispose of it, is a bit much.
Just wondered if this is normal practice.

No I'd say it's not the done thing but others will disagree. Shows a lack of respect to the customer in my opinion.

If they have taken the scrap call them and tell them they have left something behind then give them all the rubbish.

Id say either by agreement prior. Take it all or leave it all.

Mr old timer lol., yes they should have cleared the wrapping etc, they are taking the pi55 in my opinion. However, if this makes you feel a bit better , radiator prices for scrap, are quite simply crap. He actually did you a favor getting rid.

as plumbers we are not allowed in most tips,personally rads are hardly worth anything scrap value and there would be very little copper removed in replacing rads personally i feel you are being petty and if i where said plumber you would be getting the rads back and you would be disposing of them its no hardship to you putting the packaging in your recycling from most plumbers point of view getting rid of waste is a nightmare

And of course we all have waste carriers licences ( I actually had. Only just expired lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock