Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Pillar Tap and faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

V

Vixulation

Hi all,

I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the washer, I want to change the entire thing to a mixer tap that supports two holes. I think I've figured most of it out except for the part where I actually remove the old faucet. Most websites show them held in place with a mounting nut which mine doesn't have.

I'm not sure, but does it look like a basin wrench would be the tool to remove mine? Unfortunately, it's hard to get a proper view. I've had to rely on using my phone's camera to get a good look.

Pics here: TAP - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhjuQhi1en-LhbArNk82JdWLRRQukQ?e=zpIPmh

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean by mounting nut, unless you mean a different type of tap? Yours is held in by means of a backnut, usually an anti-rotation washer and sometimes a top hat (which you don’t have, might have been substituted with the timber?). Yes a basin wrench should fit, but they’re several types, a spring loaded type and a crow foot being another, either should works for what you have.

Reply to Removing Pillar Tap and faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock