Discuss Removing cloakroom basin waste - no backnut present ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Removing basin waste - no backnut present ?

I want to replace both the tap and the waste in the cloakroom basin - the tap is showing corrosion though it still works fine. Waste is OK but needs to be changed to a click-clack type because new tap will not have the incorporated button/lever which currently pops up the waste stopper.

Problem is that I can't see how to remove the existing waste. I expected there to be a backnut under the basin which could be undone to free off the waste. There doesn't appear to be any nut or any flats that a spanner could grip onto .

I've peered down the plughole from above thinking that maybe there's some screw or nut that undoes from above, but can't see anything.

Any help would be appreciated. ! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 19
THE plug hole part is screwed down into the base , remove bar from base ,undo the plastic waste pipe, then twist the base unit to undo, hope thts clear,

Reply to Removing cloakroom basin waste - no backnut present ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock