Discuss Removing a tight immersion element. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If possible have a second person around to give you a hand if something goes wrong. I always remember getting a leak that I could stop if I held the towel on it firmly but I'd left the bucket, etc. downstairs and no one was around to go fetch it for me.

TBH, I'm usually pretty cautious but I really screwed the pooch on that occasion. Still get nightmares about it...

Bought a box spanner and eventually got the element moving.
Element out and had a look inside to see where the lower essex flange needs to go. Will do the drilling later
and in the mean time I've refitted the element with ptfe, so it will remove easily next time.

Reply to Removing a tight immersion element. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock