Discuss Removing a stubborn tap valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes quicker to whip the tap off and lock it in a vice, then use body to unscrew it.
hit it with a blow torch and a deepthroat socket!

Deep socket if that fails my trusty mole grips not let me down yet

can't do that redraw (remove the taps etc) . They are fitted against a wall - see photo. If I could remove the taps Id probably just renew them.

They'll come off easy enough if you had used the right spanner. Must be tight fit or it will slip. Those modern tap works are an O ring seal but still are metal to metal tight fit.
Pump plier grips will do and have good leverage, but are rough on the brass.

The valves should come out relatively easy, luckily you have a deck mixer which keeps the bath tap solid allowing more leverage on the valves! I would use my large 12" Bahco spanner.

The valves should come out relatively easy, luckily you have a deck mixer which keeps the bath tap solid allowing more leverage on the valves! I would use my large 12" Bahco spanner.

http://youtu.be/TGF39ReBrj0

Cheers Tony, but I live in Warrington.

surely there must be someone on here that is local to you. you could post it on the job section. [DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/[/DLMURL]

Last edited:
Sometimes if they are really stubborn, try tightening first then undoing. Worked for me a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing a stubborn tap valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, trying to replace a Victorian mixer tap head for bath as old one getting stiff. I've got cap off and taken screw out however can't remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have this monobloc basin mixer tap in my bathroom. It was installed 11 years ago, but the hot valve has started to drip from the top...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock