Search the forum,

Discuss Remove dirt or prevent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveCB

Met with somebody from Spirotech today. They gave me the spiel on the MB2 and MB3 (going too try an MB3 tomorrow). But something I found interesting and the more I think about it he could be right,. Just after your opinions. He demonstrated an aerator which seemed to work. The thinking behind it is that when fitting a dirt sperator be it one of theres or the many other products out there, all it is doing is putting a plaster on the problem and not preventing the problem. He reckoned all heating syatems will produce air caused by the temperature and pressure in the boiler. On occasions this air will gather in one place causing cold rads etc. He also reckons by pumping air around the system 1. it is less economical for the end user. 2. the pump is pumping and not circulating, 3 Noisier systems. 4. and the biggy will cause corrosion.

no advert only asking on here for other peoples opinions. Long time lurker first time poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remove dirt or prevent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am looking to replace an Ideal Classic FF350 in a 4 bed detached house, 1 main bathroom with a bath and electric shower, also en-suite with a thermostatic shower that is currently pumped (knackered) from a DHW cylinder (essex flange weeping). F&E and CWS tanks in the loft, gravity fed...
Replies
Views
P
Hi folks, I have a plumbing conundrum in my new house and was after some advice and explanation of the defect. Type 'Y' Plan system, Potterton FF40 boiler (2002), grundfos pump (2008) located in an upstairs bedroom cylinder cupboard. Original system was warm air heating, boiler new install...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
E
I have a problem with a Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 18/25. I've read all the related threads but need some clarification on the PRV/Expansion Tank issue. If I leave the sytem running contiuously, pressure stays up at 1.5 to 2.0 bars for a week no problem. If however, I run it on the timer...
Replies
Views
ericp
E
M
A couple of days ago I replaced the radiator in the bathroom. I drained the central heating system by isolating water to F/E tank, openind rad bleed valves and draining at lowest point in system. After installing new rad i closed drain valve and all bleed valves and switched supply back on to...
Replies
Views
MrMeaner
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock