Discuss Removal Of Shower Enclosure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karentreefrog

We are having problems removing a shower enclosure, we are unsure of the make and despite the doors coming off easily we are struggling with the side panels, we have already removed the screws top and bottom but the panels still aren't coming out is there a guide rail or something we are missing, we put the enclosure in about 11 years ago but have a leak so are removing the mosaic tiles and replacing with larger tiles. I have attached some photos.
Any ideas anyone.

Many Thanks Karen

:hair2: DSCN1528.jpgDSCN1527.jpgDSCN1526.jpgDSCN1525.jpgDSCN1524.jpg

Are you sure it isn't just the silicon that is holding it in place?

there will be panels on the inside wall ends which will come off, under which you will find screws holding the frame to the wall fixed parts.

Take the screws out of the wall profile if you haven't, cut the silicone where the bottom rail meets the tray and it should move. The enclosure will come out as one and leave the wall profiles in place.

I didn't even see yours before I started writing Steve, I agree though lol

I always seem to get it wrong when complimenting the wife and it gets taken the wrong way and ends up offending her instead

We are having problems removing a shower enclosure, we are unsure of the make and despite the doors coming off easily we are struggling with the side panels, we have already removed the screws top and bottom but the panels still aren't coming out is there a guide rail or something we are missing, we put the enclosure in about 11 years ago but have a leak so are removing the mosaic tiles and replacing with larger tiles. I have attached some photos.
Any ideas anyone.

Many Thanks Karen

:hair2:View attachment 8467View attachment 8468View attachment 8469View attachment 8470View attachment 8471
Thanks all for your response I will let you know how we get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removal Of Shower Enclosure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Today I noticed one of the tiles in my shower enclosure has a crack in per the pictures below... I'm not sure how long it's been there but we...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock