Discuss Remote stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Are they any good, had a customer ask me about one today as she has bad hands. Never fitted one b4

Yup they are good to go. Just make sure you have a brass stopcock before it just in case XD ....

I'm fitting a boiler tomorrow and the house has one of them so il see if any good tomorrow lol.

Are you on about the Sure Stop ones ?? If so, we put one in my parents house two years ago and it's been a godsend for them pal. Their old stopcock is right under the kitchen cupboards and they couldn't get to it. Got my apprentice in there to fit the Sure Stop and its located just inside the top of the cupboard at waist height. Brilliant invention for older people.

Think I will put it above the brass one if possible, I no it should be fine but being the first time just makes me think lol

As above put it above the proper stopcock, I fit two a week on average, the old folks love em.

Only thing that every goes wrong with them is they can leak from the button after a couple of years, when that happens tho a new button and air tubes sort it out in 5 mins

The older models never seemed to work on the jobs I worked on, maybe they have improved them? I would not count on one working without a working stop tap near by.

Tried a remote version when they first came out and nearly flooded a house when it failed, wouldn't go within 500 miles of one no way.

Fitted one in my parents works fine but as said I fitted it just after main stopcock as a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remote stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock