Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Regin Plug + vent kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

You guys use these? Heard their handy for open vented systems, say for changing a rad valve since they create a vacuum so you can work on the system to do a repair.
Plus you less likely to get damn air locks!!

Ill post a pic of the kit.

Regin kit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342988329.771000.jpg

yeah i use them on rad valves, 3 port/2 port. replacing broken gate valves. unblocking cold feeds, i know a few people that change cylinders and boilers using them so are always worth having on the van. but never use them on a thermal store!!

Two plastic sandwich bags and some kitchen roll works just as well.

never heard or seen them before just googled them and they look impressive but expensive. mind you if a bung came out and caused water damage id say that might cost considerably more

Wouldnt but jet swets since wont use them everyday, not worth paying all that for that piece of tool.

Just make sure uve put the bungs in tight enough ;)

I had a freezer let go a couple of month ago on an incoming water main, luckily I had a jet swet stuck in the pipe as a belt and braces. Saved me a possible insurance claim !!

you cant use them on three way valves unles the pump valves or cylinder throttle valve is closed

I use them all the time, But only if i am literally snatching a valve these ones are the best out as they fit well down a cold feed on a tank and i always use a speedfit cap on the vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regin Plug + vent kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock