Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Recurring kettling in CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stanbates

Hi all

This is my first post! :)

I have had some kettling in my Potterton CH system for a few years now. I have had the system flushed, and power flushed, and after the powerflush (March 09) I also had a magnaclean fitted. The flushes were both caried out by a family member who is a BG engineer, so got mates rates and gave him a hand.

He said if it comes back that I may need to get the element cleaned with an Ultrasonic (I think) cleaner, which BG would probably do under my Homecare policy. Well, its come back!!

I have booked in BG next week to have a look, but was hoping for some other advice as to the best route to take.

My house is a new build, about 5-6 yrs old and the water always gets quite black, through oxidisation I assume.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks
Stan

If everthing you've stated has been done properly, then I'd say you have an issue with the piping set up of the system as oxygenated water is being drawn in

In fact now you mention it, he did say one of the pipes in the airing cupboard is too low as it wont let oxygen escape properly. Whats the next step then? Get that sorted, then....another flush?

Get the bg bloke to go over the system, it will not take him long to spot the fault. Yes the new sludge will need removing, make sure inhibitor is added after. Its no good ceaning as sludged system without finding out why its sludged in the first place.

Ok mate thanks, that doesnt sound to bad in fairness. What are the main advantages, if there are any, besides air in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recurring kettling in CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock