Discuss Reconnecting fire after being capped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do it, but need to cap the gas going to the bbu and have to leave everything in situ. You see a lot of people have removed the bbu burner/gas valve, but baxi say this is not allowed and is classed as at risk

I once found an old back boiler unit with the fire removed in a hallway once, opposite way round to what the op suggested but anything goes

Refer to TB091 for some info.
Baxi used to allow it some years ago as long as was done properly.
I heard some time ago they were no longer condoning it.
Best advice is to remove completely and fit new fire.

I just wouldn't do it, doesn't sit right with me, ok in theory you can make it safe, but is it worth putting your name to something like that? Not worth the few quid you will get for it

I once had a GF fitted in my house without a boiler.
What a naughty naughty boy i am and so lucky to be alive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reconnecting fire after being capped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock