Discuss recommended training body in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i must thank every one for all their advice on the subject. I must say it has opened my eyes. I shall definately look into the option of going to a college to gain the NVQ level 2 and level 3,

go to your local college and sign on there for a day release scheme over 4 years to get what was a level 2 tech cert and nvq 2, the level 3 tech cert and nvq 3 then do your acs gas quals. the local colleges are goverment funded and can sometimes help with the bulk of your fees, you need the technical training to understand what and how and the nvq training to gain and prove experience on site. so you are best to try and find someone to work with, and the new diploma scheme will probably insist on on job learning as well as classroom training. Dont pat private compaznies thousands when you can gain the quals cheaper elsewhere is my advise.

fuzzys advice on 150 for water regs etc is all well and good but you need the basics to understand what you need to do in the real world of plumbing with design and instillation and this takes time to learn and working with someone who already knows what they are doing. Remeber, nothings for free in this world and there are no shortcuts when trying to do a proffessional job.

it wasnt advice, i was breaking down the costs to show how much it is really worth and hopefully pointing out that 8k is alot for what you get although it sounds alot at a glance

There is no college course that gives you a qualification that employer's want and there isn't a course that teaches you enough to be self employed, getting the nvq part is no cakewalk as hardly anyone is hiring and when they do its snapped up the moment it is advertised, don't wish to discourage you but there's some harsh realities surrounding this and companies offering courses for 8 grand will take your money and leave you in the same position, plus the ability to use a pipe bender.

I started a two year college course to get the 6129 cert as i was fed up working nights in a petrol station to get by, i finished the course back in july last year and i am still at the petrol station don't delude yourself that the course is a ticket to get a job.

There is no college course that gives you a qualification that employer's want and there isn't a course that teaches you enough to be self employed, getting the nvq part is no cakewalk as hardly anyone is hiring and when they do its snapped up the moment it is advertised, don't wish to discourage you but there's some harsh realities surrounding this and companies offering courses for 8 grand will take your money and leave you in the same position, plus the ability to use a pipe bender.

I started a two year college course to get the 6129 cert as i was fed up working nights in a petrol station to get by, i finished the course back in july last year and i am still at the petrol station don't delude yourself that the course is a ticket to get a job.

it is great to hear that from someone who has done it. qualified plumbers offer the same advice but are accused of closing the door on purpose or being negative. It is reality and hopefully your responces will carry more weight

can i just ask what the difference is between the 6129 and the 6128, i have found a college course which suits my needs but offers the 6128 instead of the 6129 ? i know they dont make me qualified in any way, but the 6129 links to the NVQ courses, is the 6128 the same.? I am not opting for any distance learning courses or courses which only last 8 weeks, i want to gain as much knowledge as possible before i even apply for a job, just need to know i am working towards the right quals, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to recommended training body in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hello boys and girls, was hoping some of the oldest, wisest, shrewdest, most sceptical and experienced amongst you might impart a little...
Replies
Views
Blumper
B
C
Hi all I've been reading this forum for a while and it is full of great information and opinions on training courses. This is my first post so...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
T
Hello Last night i had a t4ts rep come and see me and i signed up to the course. I see the general attitude on this site is pretty anti-t4ts and...
Replies
Views
Taffytim
T
R
Hi, I'm 46 years old from a sales/retail background. Been doing C&G 6129 L2 at a local college since sept at my own cost. This is a 2 year course...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
F
i have just finished my city and guilds plumbing course. this has set me up for my nvq. but i can find NO ONE in my area or surrounding willing to...
Replies
Views
grey.squirrel
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock