Discuss Recommendation For Air to Water Heat Pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
As the title suggests, looking for a good unit and what to avoid.

Cheers.

I think everyone has a favourite air to water heat pump. I just think not many people want to tell Simon because they don't like him :)

Doing my first air source in next few months ;) looks crap to me lol

Last I heard of them they ever a poor ground source alternative and useless in extreme cold. Has the technology moved on since?

It's for a new build, pre fab german house. Heat losses equate to just over 3kw, so an air to water is perfect.

Either Mitsubishi Ecodan or Daikin Altherma IMO. Although there are a few good ones in the market there are a lot of trash. Id stay away from NIBE (just my personal opinion). Panasonic/Hitachi units are apparently good. All these units will do as they're supposed to, it depends on the system design and operation that will determine their performance.
If you're doing the job from scratch then try contacting Nu-heat (they will usually design and spec the equipment FOC as long as you buy from them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommendation For Air to Water Heat Pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a heat only boiler to replace my 30yrs old ideal boiler. Any makes you would recommend and any to avoid...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back