Search the forum,

Discuss Recip saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Need to get one

Do you recommend 18v cordless or plug in?

Thx

All my stuff is the same... Makita stuff, can't be dealing with different chargers & battery's

i ment make :)

if you have a decent set of cordless tools already then just get the bare tool.

dewalt, makita, milwaukee, bosch are all good

brushless milwaukee is prob best of the 18v bunch.

Ok, cheers!

I'll go for makita then, buy couple Chinese batts.

I'll be sawing anything that looks like it can be cut!

Depends how often it'll be used. I bought a cheap one in b&q about 4 years ago and it's still going strong.

Hilti are probably about ÂŁ200 for the 22volt recip saw body. Must be good though.
Lidl do a Parkside 18volt one which looks the part and think it was only very small money & supplied with battery & charger. Can't be bad for it & 3 year warranty.
I have corded multi tool & it can do a lot of work, including stuff a recip saw can't.
Cutting top of joists for notches can be done with a circular saw set correct depth. Sometimes you need to temporary screw a straight edge bit of timber to top of joists to guide the saw nice & straight.

Last edited:
The makita loves batteries!! Going through steel they don't last long but I'm still running 3.0ah

multi tool takes longer but at least you never worry you're going to lose a finger (re-cip) or a leg (circ saw)

i find it pretty quick if you've only a few to do and the blade is new (i've only ever got a few to do) but the price of blades has been the main problem.

...any tried cheap versions of blades yet?

Multi Tool Accessories - Toolstation

pretty cheap. but how bad can they be?

bloody hell;,they have their uses but must take ages and cost a fortune in blades,if your using it for notching quicker with a handsaw

Your right it would take ages, I use a circular saw and it takes seconds. I've used my recip once in about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recip saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock