Discuss Re-usuable or not? Pushfit fittings in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Yep, you can usually mix push-fit plastic fittings with copper pipe and vica versa although I'm not sure if there is any significant advantage with one over the other.

If I really have to use push fit I do like using tectite with copper pipe but that's more to do with the aesthetic as plastic fittings used with copper pipe frankly look shonky (they aren't ) DIY and unprofessional. Lengthy warranties though can be found with all reputable brands.

Ok. I'm intrigued. Can someone please detail why the Tectite are superior?
Thanks as always

I'm not entirely sure how I would have completed this latest project without the help of people on this forum.
It is much appreciated
Special mention to Shauncorbs and king of Pipes. You have both been very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer my many many questions over these last months
They are made with the best materials throughly tested and a very versatile product always have a few on the van for difficult situations , probably a bit over kill for your job in all honesty you have plastic push fit kite marked so stick with them please don't rely on flexible
connections to showers these can and do fail over time so need to be visible . I wouldn't reuse fittings o rings , the grab rings can be damaged . Regards Kop

Attachments

• 58191748_Tectite_Databook_A6.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
As Kopp has said tectite classic are excellent fittings installed literally thousands. We have done a number of large restaurants where tectite metal tube and classic fittings are specified never had a problem.
Also handy for that odd time on copper where you just can't get press gun in!

As Kopp has said tectite classic are excellent fittings installed literally thousands. We have done a number of large restaurants where tectite metal tube and classic fittings are specified never had a problem.
Also handy for that odd time on copper where you just can't get press gun in!
Same here bud I did some ASK resurants and used tectite classic in all the toilet areas all sensor tap and auto flush work so built up on ply boards then fitted in timber carcassing worked really well , crimp everywhere else . Kop

Reply to Re-usuable or not? Pushfit fittings in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock