Discuss Rayburn 400K in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I assumed that but was unsure. Yes the old coil is completely dead. You should have continuity between the live and neutral connections. My multimeters read OL when checking for resistance but others read OC (open circuit). Both mean the same thing, the coil windings have broken down.

Ok. Did you check cell to see what microamps you were getting?
The Danfoss coils on that burner are a common fail point. Usually when they fail they do so within in 10-15 minutes after ignition. They break down internally where you would get a zero resistance reading or no continuity, often they can fuse back together and you get the problem you had, alternatively they remain OL (open loop) and never work again. The new Danfoss diamond coils are supposed to be a lot more robust but still not without their problems. If you find you're going through several coils then I would consider changing the stem on the pump. I can explain to you why if you'd like or you can just bare it in mind.

I dont find the 'improved' coils to be any better at all.

Reply to Rayburn 400K in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've a Rayburn 400K that needs a full service. For background, it has been producing visible smoke, and has now just gone into burner lockout...
Replies
Views
Greetings! Having just rebuilt a Rayburn 460k with (ecoflam burners) due to the dreaded warped oven protection plate, I am trying to work out if...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker! I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve a Rayburn 400K (cooker only) with an Ecoflam burner. When trying to start it purges but then goes to lock out. Sometimes there is the...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock