Discuss Rattling noise from the valve thing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Could someone tell me what this is, please?
(coming from a Joule Cyclone unvented cylinder)

It was making a distinct knocking, vibrating, rattling sound, I turned it slightly clockwise, and the noise stopped instantly.

The system is 2.5 years old.

is there something I need to do to prevent it happening again?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 18.09.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 18.09.21.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 16
It is a bypass valve, the purpose of which is to open automatically, but only when needed to create a bypass. They can sometimes begin to create a noise. Best to get it checked out or possibly replaced as it needs to be at a fixed setting so to open only when system needs flow through it.
Actually best on a temporary fix to slightly open (anti-clockwise) rather than closing clockwise, so not to restrict or prevent flow.

Reply to Rattling noise from the valve thing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock