Discuss Rads not getting hot! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you checked the pump is def spinning?? Id **** the pump valves, remove the pump head and turn it on, sometimes the impellers can wedge in place, and the pump will still vibrate like it's in action. By removing the pump head you can confirm the pump is def spinning 
I did feel the pump to check if it was spinning and it did feel like it was. Good tip though. I will do that on my next visit there.

Not sure if you said youd done this but id turn off most rads and leave just one on quite near the boiler and switch on heating, measure temperature on flow at boiler and after MV ( just to make sure its opening fully) then check temp at rad, if they are fine then defo air , if not then MV or pump, but make sure boiler is heating the water to appropriate temp,,

Hi all,

Need some more help on this please.

Original issue was resolved. There was an airlock and I got rid of this by back filling via the drain off. Tested the system at the time and everything worked as it should. All rads were getting nice and hot.

Customer has called me this evening as it is now getting colder and said only the upstairs rads are getting hot.

I am going back tomorrow evening to have a look. Any ideas what could be the cause and what I can do to remedy this?

Just to recap it is an open vented s plan system.

Thanks in advance.

Did you check the pump?could be a broken impeller or just not turning freely/at all.

Didn't check the pump at the time after as airlock issue was resolved and all rads were getting hot. Guess I should take a spare pump with me and try that.

usually is pump as gravity will heat upstairs rads, but not downstairs, unless its air getting in from vent (did u turn pump down after you finished the work?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rads not getting hot! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock