Discuss Radio Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Has anyone ever tried advertising on local radio and if so how did it work? Just interested atm that's all.

local builders did down here, got big quick, new vans etc etc, trouble is they didnt get the cash flow, result end of ads and firm

local builders did down here, got big quick, new vans etc etc, trouble is they didnt get the cash flow, result end of ads and firm

Thats due to poor business management, not a radio advert..

We are looking into this, currently there are 2 radio stations to use for local coverage. I think if you get it right it can have a lot of impact. I've been paying more attention to them recently and some really don't get your attention especially when driving.

part of it was the cost of the ads hitting their expenses,seems the ads worked well but as you say they didnt have a decent business plan. Only other issue was their area of work mushroomed in size due to the wider radio coverage, causing more factors to be taken into account that they failed to look at.

Get manufacturer to sponsor it. Ideal did for us 5 years ago. They in bed with local greensteal lads at moment. Better return from flyers and ads in local rag.

Did indeed. Knocked it on the head as not a single response. It was pricey too. Even with them creating the advert for free.

But its very rural here and I think the radio station was over egging its listener numbers. Plus having listened to the radio station the target audience just wasnt there.

Thats due to poor business management, not a radio advert..

We are looking into this, currently there are 2 radio stations to use for local coverage. I think if you get it right it can have a lot of impact. I've been paying more attention to them recently and some really don't get your attention especially when driving.

Theirs a firm down this end who always advertise on the radio and from my knowledge have not got anymore work for quite a bit of expense.

Did indeed. Knocked it on the head as not a single response. It was pricey too. Even with them creating the advert for free.

But its very rural here and I think the radio station was over egging its listener numbers. Plus having listened to the radio station the target audience just wasnt there.

thats Durham for you, only ones listening are the cows in the milking parlour :)

Be chav fm. ( we were on capital I think) The farmers all listen to radio 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radio Advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Doers anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? It has no push buttons or caps that I can see and I am trying to fathom out how to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock