Search the forum,

Discuss radiators, difference between brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu3y

im doing a brand new install in my own house, we usually use radiators from local merchants they are called instinct radiators. ive been pricing them up else where the Kudox radiators are slightly cheaper, but mr central heating is FAR cheaper... so was wondering what the difference was between them all, are they all as good as each other or does price reflect quality?

has any 1 had any experience with the ones from mr central heating?

There was a thread just recently I remember about similar question. Kudox rads were often mentioned & most thought of them as cheap & nasty. I tend to use Myson round tops. Better looking than the modern Quinn IMO.

A radiator is a radiator. Some look better than others, have slightly different outputs/m², better or worse finishes, a bit thicker steel but they all work.

i use henrads/stelrads or k-rads
all cheap and cheerful all much better than kudox

What's the ones with the screw caps with cross head on them covering the outlets? Hate them rads

Radiators very simple mate .........'you get what you pay for'

Lift a kudos rad , lift a stelrad rad or similar . You have the answer

im doing a brand new install in my own house, we usually use radiators from local merchants they are called instinct radiators. ive been pricing them up else where the Kudox radiators are slightly cheaper, but mr central heating is FAR cheaper... so was wondering what the difference was between them all, are they all as good as each other or does price reflect quality?

has any 1 had any experience with the ones from mr central heating?

Firstly, be careful with the rad type. What Allan (Mr CH) calls "premium doubles", most of the rest of the market calls "slimline doubles" or P+ or type 21.

You have to buy a "double de-luxe" to get what the rest of us call an ordinary "double" - ie a K2 or type 22.

Apart from that, there is not an enormous difference.

To give you an example of the areas that might differ, we stock two radiators from the same factory.

The "better" one has a slightly higher output per metre of panel, a slightly larger range of sizes, a 15 year warranty and the grilles and side panels are (IMHO) slightly better than the cheaper one. It also has plastic re-inforcement on the corner packaging.

The "cheaper" one has a slightly lower output, a slightly more restricted range of sizes, a 10 year warranty and the grille and panel is still pretty good, but not quite as robust. The corner packaging is cardboard without any reinforcement.

The other difference? About 15% on the price.

On a single job - 15% is chickenfeed, and I would always take the better rad.

On sitework - thats a different story - 15% across a few thousand radiators adds up to real money.

Yer pays yer money, and takes yer choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiators, difference between brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock