Discuss Radiator with no TRV (and two lockshield valves?) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a Greenstar 24i Junior combi boiler and a central heating system with a radiator in the bathroom, living room, dining room/kitchen and each of the three bedrooms.

All the radiators have TRVs except the ones in the living room, dining room/kitchen and bathroom. The dining room has valves as shown below on the left and right of the radiator. (I think these are lockshield valves.)

The living room radiator is 75cm wide while the dining one is 150cm wide. This means the dining area tends to get too warm as it has a bigger radiator. The thermostat's in the living room.

Would it be possible to adjust the valves on the dining room radiator to turn it down (or even turn it off given the area usually gets warm in the evening from cooking)? If so, would I adjust the left or right one?

Thanks for any help!

left.JPGright.JPG

It will be either on or off unless you get it changed to a trv

To shut it close one of the valves eg clockwise

It will be either on or off unless you get it changed to a trv

To shut it close one of the valves eg clockwise
I assume if I leave a valve slightly open then the radiator would take longer to warm up?

Therefore by the time the main thermostat turns off, the radiator won't have warmed up as much. I guess it'd still get hot if the overall heating stayed on long enough though.

You can try might still be too hot

What you are proposing to do is unlikely to be satisfactory. (You'll need to continually adjust the lockshields as the external temperature changes with the seasons.)

Much better to fit TRVs to the dining room/kitchen and bathroom but not the living room because that is where the thermostat that controls the heating is.

With gas prices at their current levels, the pay-back period for the cost will be relatively short.

Reply to Radiator with no TRV (and two lockshield valves?) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock