Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiator not heating up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all.
I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors.
I checked the system mid summer and all was ok. Now one radiator won’t get hot. ALL rads contain water, I have bled all rads. No hot water getting to flow pipe of cold rad. All other rads are working.
I have tried shutting the TRV’s of the other 9 working rads, but no joy.
Can anyone advise me please, do I need to shut both valves on the 9 working valves to try and expel the air.
Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated
Simon

With CH on to other rads, shut the rad outlet (lockshield) valve and open the rad bleed/vent, is there pressure there?, let the rad bleed into a bucket until you get HW, if still no flow, repeat with the other side, shut the rad inlet, open or let open the outlet valve, open the rad bleed/vent, is there pressure there?.

With CH on to other rads, shut the rad outlet (lockshield) valve and open the rad bleed/vent, is there pressure there?, let the rad bleed into a bucket until you get HW, if still no flow, repeat with the other side, shut the rad inlet, open or let open the outlet valve, open the rad bleed/vent, is there pressure there?.
All resolved now thanks,

Reply to Radiator not heating up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock