Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator has no bleed valve? (PICS included) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karansaraf

I've just moved into an attic room of a friend's house. It's an old house, and so the radiators I'm guessing are also old. I'm going to be here only for about 8 months, but it's getting cold now, and the radiator in this room is only partially becoming luke warm, so I want to try bleeding it.

Only thing is I can't find anywhere.

BOTTOM RIGHT: on/off valve
BOTTOM LEFT: another valve which turns as well, I'm guessing this is the lockshield valve (has NOVA written on it)

There are no valves/pipes at the top left or right of the radiator. I've read that some radiators have valves inset into the back of the radiator about 4-6 inches from the left or right, but this one doesn't have one of those either...

Pics of the four corners of the radiator are located here: https://imageshack.com/i/f0i9Ui6xj

Any advice?

have you tried running a mirror along the top of the rad to look for it. id be very suprised if there was no way of venting it

Does there feel like a small round lump either top left or right at the back, only an inch or so from the ends of the radiator.

It's on the back. Probably on the right, but may be on the left!

might even have a plastic cover over it.

Bit it like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 129
I took a rad / towel rail out of a bathroom back in the summer, it definatley didn't have one, I hope yours has mate.

If it had plugs at top of rail then that will do also would have a hidden bleed off maybe have a cover fitted ii don't believe a radiator / towel rail has been ever made without a bleed point within the uk..brum

in 40 years ive never seen a rad or towel rail that didnt have either a vent or a tapping that should of had a vent in ive often spent some time trying to find it on a towel rail as they can be well hidden

It's on the back. Probably on the right, but may be on the left!

might even have a plastic cover over it.

Bit it like this.

I think it has this - about an inch from the top right of the radiator. That's unlike any bleed valve I've heard of haha. I thought they were all either flat-screwdriver or those square-like holes that you could use a bleeding key for.

How do I vent the radiator with that?

I think it has this - about an inch from the top right of the radiator. That's unlike any bleed valve I've heard of haha. I thought they were all either flat-screwdriver or those square-like holes that you could use a bleeding key for.

How do I vent the radiator with that?

You can use a normal bleed key or a small spanner.

Be careful not to break it off though as its easy done on those myson rads.

So I bought a set of two brass radiator bleed keys from B&Q.

They are ones with the square holes, but the valve is too small for them to fit well. They slot right over the valve and just turn around the valve which doesn't move.

Any ideas?

either take the rad of and dremel a slot into the air vent or get a new radb some one has rounded it off

If its an old rad and then if you cant see the bleed then it faces back usually on the R/H side at the top CHK
I've just moved into an attic room of a friend's house. It's an old house, and so the radiators I'm guessing are also old. I'm going to be here only for about 8 months, but it's getting cold now, and the radiator in this room is only partially becoming luke warm, so I want to try bleeding it.

Only thing is I can't find anywhere.

BOTTOM RIGHT: on/off valve
BOTTOM LEFT: another valve which turns as well, I'm guessing this is the lockshield valve (has NOVA written on it)

There are no valves/pipes at the top left or right of the radiator. I've read that some radiators have valves inset into the back of the radiator about 4-6 inches from the left or right, but this one doesn't have one of those either...

Pics of the four corners of the radiator are located here: https://imageshack.com/i/f0i9Ui6xj

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator has no bleed valve? (PICS included) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock