Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiant RSF 24 Thermocouple in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Morning people, had a call out last night to the above not staying a light.
Seems the THERMOCOUPLE had gone, not a problem I thought just fit a universal thermocouple.
But when I took the boiler apart the original thermocouple has a black lead running from the burner side of the thermocouple down to the D.H.W expansion vessel then back up to the heat exchanger & the back down to the gas valve side of the thermocouple.
I had NO boiler manual & the tenant could not find it on the net.
The boiler seemed to work fine with the universal thermocouple in place, both in hot water & heating.
Anyone got any ideas on what it is? What it does? If they still make them? & if the boiler needs it?
Many thanks for your help people & have a good day...

Portsdean Technical sell Radiant spares and operate a technical help line. Back when Radiant were still being imported, they covered a lot of the in-warranty work. Call 01329 234692 and ask them. They will also have manuals. There is also an english language manufacturers website www.radiant.eu but you have register to get access to downloads.

Thanks 'Ray Stafford'. I gave them a call yesterday & it seems the black cable is connected to the overheat stat, so it has to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiant RSF 24 Thermocouple in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock