Search the forum,

Discuss Quiet Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi, I am looking at putting in a new system where I raise the cwsc in the loft, put the cylinder in there and use a whole house pump to pump 2 bathrooms but not the toilets. Would like it to be as quiet as possible. Any recommendations? Looking at a couple of big shower heads in this and a bath.

Cheers

The 'secret' of quietening pumps in a loft is to mount them as close to a solid wall as possible and then to mount on as large a slab of 'proper' paving slab as possible. That minimises rotational pump vibration.
Using proper silicone based flexible hoses will isolate pipe transmitted vibration.

What I am actually thinking is getting using a thermal store and putting in a 5 bar single pump and then splitting it for hot and cold. The only thing is, they only have a gas boiler. No wood burner or solar. Maybe they could be persuaded

Dab e sys box

So, Gledhill say there system is not designed to work off a pump so not sure it will work not being under constant mains pressure. I cannot really see why it would not. Anyone?

Yep done a few of there kits and done around 5 pumps off grp ones

If your going down the twin pump route then the ct force will be your quietest option running at only 46db. To put that in perspective for you, a dishwasher will generate between 45 and 50db. The next quietest pump is the monsoon by Stuart Turner which runs at 51db.
If you want to switch them to a mains system then I'd go for a grundfos scala 2 and an unvented cylinder. Flow rates of up to 75 ltrs/min at only 46db noise rating and suitable for 8 working outlets at a time.

How big 500l ?

Here is their reply...

Good afternoon Mr Edwards,

A thermal store is designed to work on mains pressure water. As such there are no manuals or guidance on how to fit one to a pumped supply.

If you can establish a continuous 3 bar supply when required to the plate heat exchanger then you should be able to get the cylinder to work.

However, you need to be aware that in the event the pressure or supply to the cylinder should drop or fail when hot water is being drawn off, you may be at risk of water starvation of implosion of the cylinder – depending how much the pressure drops and how suddenly.

So in short they don’t know how to do it / haven’t had anyone ask

Unf not Shaun. If that were the case, then Mira showers would work off pumped supplies like Aqualisa do - but they most def DO NOT.
If they say no then they mean no.

So I can’t use a Mira shower off a well

Reply to Quiet Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock