Search the forum,

Discuss Quiet Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi, I am looking at putting in a new system where I raise the cwsc in the loft, put the cylinder in there and use a whole house pump to pump 2 bathrooms but not the toilets. Would like it to be as quiet as possible. Any recommendations? Looking at a couple of big shower heads in this and a bath.

Cheers

The 'secret' of quietening pumps in a loft is to mount them as close to a solid wall as possible and then to mount on as large a slab of 'proper' paving slab as possible. That minimises rotational pump vibration.
Using proper silicone based flexible hoses will isolate pipe transmitted vibration.

What I am actually thinking is getting using a thermal store and putting in a 5 bar single pump and then splitting it for hot and cold. The only thing is, they only have a gas boiler. No wood burner or solar. Maybe they could be persuaded

Dab e sys box

So, Gledhill say there system is not designed to work off a pump so not sure it will work not being under constant mains pressure. I cannot really see why it would not. Anyone?

Yep done a few of there kits and done around 5 pumps off grp ones

If your going down the twin pump route then the ct force will be your quietest option running at only 46db. To put that in perspective for you, a dishwasher will generate between 45 and 50db. The next quietest pump is the monsoon by Stuart Turner which runs at 51db.
If you want to switch them to a mains system then I'd go for a grundfos scala 2 and an unvented cylinder. Flow rates of up to 75 ltrs/min at only 46db noise rating and suitable for 8 working outlets at a time.

How big 500l ?

Here is their reply...

Good afternoon Mr Edwards,

A thermal store is designed to work on mains pressure water. As such there are no manuals or guidance on how to fit one to a pumped supply.

If you can establish a continuous 3 bar supply when required to the plate heat exchanger then you should be able to get the cylinder to work.

However, you need to be aware that in the event the pressure or supply to the cylinder should drop or fail when hot water is being drawn off, you may be at risk of water starvation of implosion of the cylinder – depending how much the pressure drops and how suddenly.

So in short they don’t know how to do it / haven’t had anyone ask

Unf not Shaun. If that were the case, then Mira showers would work off pumped supplies like Aqualisa do - but they most def DO NOT.
If they say no then they mean no.

So I can’t use a Mira shower off a well

Reply to Quiet Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom in my first-floor loft conversion. The header tank for the vented boiler is located as high as possible but the sink tap is just above the head of water so obviously the pump cannot self-start. A momentary activation of the bath tap overcomes the problem but it’s not very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock