Discuss Quick temp fix on leaky pipe... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Had a pin hole on a 28mm but unable to drain off until Monday. This fixed it for now!

e7uqagy6.jpg

Ptfe and jubilee clip works for me, but the pipe clip looks quicker to "install"

Bit of rubber underneath too where the pinhole is. I must reiterate, this is a very temp solution for a very low risk problem. 3rd floor on gravity.

Whatever works as a temp fix is the way to go. I always have bits of rubber and jubilee clips just in case.

Had a pin hole on a 28mm but unable to drain off until Monday. This fixed it for now!

e7uqagy6.jpg
bunker

Bunker I would be more concerned if there is one pin hole there may be more on the way and why is there a pinhole ???

Thanks Happy but it's a huge mansion (it was Frank Williams house until a few months back) with 30 yr old pipe work, short of changing it all I'm just going to ride with it. The pin hole only came to light when the housekeeper decided the stains had been there long enough, about a year! There is a tiny indentation at he hole so perhaps it was damaged or just a bad bit, either way, not much else I can do for the rest of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick temp fix on leaky pipe... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can...
Replies
Views
Hi We have had a LLH installed after major issues of UFH robbing heat from CH. now installed want to ensue working as expected. All 3 systems...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock