Search the forum,

Discuss Quick question I'm sure you'll know the answer to! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chireg69

On my combi boiler, if my diverter valve was sticking or not moving as freely as it should be, could that cause some of my rads to heat and some to stay cold? Or is it one or the other (hot water or heating)
Having problems with two cold rads and have tried everything and now after days of goggling it seems it may be the diverter valve However I thought if it was sticking on hot water I get no heat at all to the rads? If it was sticking a tiny bit could this cause the above problem?
BTW, the rads that get warm get very hot!
Many thanks for looking!

Do you get adequate hot water through your taps, what boiler is it, where are the rads that dont get hot situated on the system?????
Could be air locked or sludged up and boiler could be working OK
If youve tried all the usual remedies for air locks and blockages etc, may be time to call in a gsr eng as you wont get any tips on boiler repairs on here if you aint qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick question I'm sure you'll know the answer to! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For example today, whilst the boiler was on heating the water, the room stat triggered the boiler to supply the rads. The diverter valve installed in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock