Discuss Question for those that have/use an Impact Driver... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malcky

Have seen lots of comments everywhere about impact drivers going through the bits very quickly, even impact rated bits...so was wondering how quick is quick? are we talking a couple dozen, hundred/s screws and needs changed or what?

What seems to be the best bits people have bought...in terms of long lasting. Have seen people mentioning Hitachi Hi-Torq bits being brilliant but not easy to get in the UK for some reason...think these might be what there on about: Amazon.com: Hitachi 728699 Nickel Plated Impact Rated Torsion Bit Set, 35-Piece: Home Improvement

I use Wera impact bits and the Wera holder, I'd say 4-500 screws/bit.

Make sure you use the silver wera bits (impactor). Expensive but they last. The time scale depends on the application.

Aye I was just looking at them all on screwfix website and there is a few versions to chose from...the black tri-torsion impaktor ones, the silver bi-torsion, the gold extra hard bits.....seems they should go into the bi or tri -torsion bit holder for longer lasting bits.

Bit holders are crap but bits are spot on. Iv got black in ph2 silver in pz2 gold and silver in pz3.

Bit holders are crap but bits are spot on. Iv got black in ph2 silver in pz2 gold and silver in pz3.

Which would you say seems to be lasting the best seeing as you have a couple of different versions? and would you agree with the comment above about 400-500 screws give or take?

Which would you say seems to be lasting the best seeing as you have a couple of different versions? and would you agree with the comment above about 400-500 screws give or take?

if your putting 4 inch 12s into timber all day then either silver or black, but if your putting screws into plugs then id just use cheap bits like dewalt you get 25 for a few quid. Iv never counted but In a light application id agree yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question for those that have/use an Impact Driver... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock