Discuss question about TRV's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sengaul

Hi all,

just a quick question regarding TRV's. Am i right in saying that a multi directional TRV can be placed on either the Flow or return and horizontal or vertical? And also one way TRV's can they be placed on either the flow or return? I know the arrow on them has to point in the direction of flow.

Thanks.

Most TRV's are now bi flow which means they can be fitted on the flow or return and can be fitted either vertically or horizontally. They are easy to identify as they have arrows indicating this on the side of the valve.

I would also add that ensuring the TRV is on the 'flow' you are being practical and that is the norm.

I would also add that ensuring the TRV is on the 'flow' you are being practical and that is the norm.
not true most of the time they go where they are most practical which for right handed plumbers is on the right
they work best with the head horizontal but customers dont seem to like them that way
try to keep them on the side that is mst open tp the room away from corners

Yes agree with Steve,

The head is a temperature sensor, so it stands to reason the further away from the radiator and more into the room it goes, the better it is at sensing the overall room temperature.

Am i right in saying that a multi directional TRV can be placed on either the Flow or return and horizontal or vertical?
Yes

And also one way TRV's can they be placed on either the flow or return? I know the arrow on them has to point in the direction of flow.
Yes, but the head will be vertical one end and horizontal the other end. You don't have the flexibility of bi-directional TRVs.

Yes

Yes, but the head will be vertical one end and horizontal the other end. You don't have the flexibility of bi-directional TRVs.
lots of confusion here if the valve is bi or multi directional it can go either end with the head either way vert or horiz
to confirm valve will have arrow pointing bothways cast into the body

lots of confusion here if the valve is bi or multi directional it can go either end with the head either way vert or horiz
to confirm valve will have arrow pointing bothways cast into the body
Don't see why there should be any confusion.

The OP originally asked two questions:

Firstly.
Am i right in saying that a multi directional TRV can be placed on either the Flow or return and horizontal or vertical?
To this I replied:

The second question was:
And also one way TRV's can they be placed on either the flow or return? I know the arrow on them has to point in the direction of flow.
To this I replied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to question about TRV's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock