Discuss putting tank in loft!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 bar of pressure for every 10 metres. You maybe able to raise it a couple of metres depending how high your loft space is so a possible increase of 0.1 bar for every metre increase in height. Could be wrong as doing this off the top of my head mate

You're not wrong

I seem to do this when a fortic and CWS are in the loft together feeding a pump and the hot ends up back feeding the cold through the shower valve. Some people just done get water levels and seem to think it'll be OK.

If it's an elson type
4502e7699da000d9446f107fed72e7ec.jpg
f5900d5b8ab958475188fc19e6a42de3.jpg

Yes mild difference. If cylinder just lift headder tank and Decaale flanges

I have power shower so not needed for shower
kitchen hot basin hot and cold and bath hot and cold all really slow, (liveable)
toilet is slow to fill!! Needs sorting!!

So from what has been said it is pointless putting in loft as won't increase much!!
But I will be doing this anyway just to get rid of tank from airing cupboard!!
then the only issue is toilet!! So may put all colds on mains to increase pressure to cold on bath and basin!! Or just connect toilet to mains!!

Obviously power shower on tank and hot cylinder!!

Thanks for your help guys!!

going from 0.1bar to 0.5bar is a 5x increase

But for the time and effort to raise it I would vote a pump, whole house jobby, or redirect cold feeds to come from mains and shower pump

If you're taking it out of the airing cupboard for space then its not too much more effort to raise it when you site it in the loft

Sounds like you've got the wrong taps for the system!

Didn't really want to go into this much detail, but your right, old taps, limescaled like mad!!!
old steel pipe probably lime scaled like mad!!
but all under bath, so hard to get out!!

i disagree i moved my tank up about 6 ft and it made a lot of differencethis was years ago and ive gone to mains fed now which is obviously great but if your stuck with gravity it will be the difference between unusable and usable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to putting tank in loft!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom in my first-floor loft conversion. The header tank for the vented boiler is located as high as possible but the sink tap is just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock