Discuss putting tank in loft!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

I need to put tank in loft!! in my own home, I want to raise it for better pressure, loads of space in loft so want to raise it fairly high, whats the best way to make platform? not a big tank, but obviously don't want it to fall!!

So belts and braces to hold it up!!

1 bar of pressure for every 10 metres. You maybe able to raise it a couple of metres depending how high your loft space is so a possible increase of 0.1 bar for every metre increase in height. Could be wrong as doing this off the top of my head mate

so pointless!!
might just put it in loft then as need space in airing cupboard!!

whats CLS?

Canadian lumber standard. Used mostly for studs/first fix doesn't split as easily and nice to handle.

As mentioned 25mm marine ply deck. And CLS carcass from joists to trusses all four corners and counter batten against the joists to spread the load, build an internal platform inside that cross braced. Jobs a goodun!

Last edited:
Canadian lumber standard. Used mostly for studs/first fix doesn't split as easily and nice to handle.

As mentioned 25mm marine ply deck. And CLS carcass from joists to trusses all four corners and counter batten against the joists to spread the load, build an internal platform inside that cross braced. Jobs a goodun!

Brilliant, thanks, didn't even think about trusses!! brilliant!!

I meant to put rafters actually. If you have trusses tho all the better!

it's true that raising tank upon a time and money consumingly large constructed platform increases output at taps by a tiny degree, so why was it such a common practise?

The op is a little unclear, I think it's a combined cyl and feed tank. He needs the space, put it in the loft. We needed more water compared to back in the day, larger cwsc, house prices more expensive, space a premium etc. there could be a really hood historical reason good knows what it is, I'm just speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to putting tank in loft!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom in my first-floor loft conversion. The header tank for the vented boiler is located as high as possible but the sink tap is just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock