Discuss putting carpets back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
How do you guys do it? I have had enough of using a hammer and chisel and am thinking of getting a knee kicker to dp the job. I think toolstation has one for around £40. Anyone got one?

I just use a screwdriver. Knees are bad enough without using one of them knee things :) After all im a pipe monkey not a carpet monkey.:)

tell the custard to get a carpet fitter in the quote.

No, surely you don't do that?

I got a copy of a british gas quote which in their terms and conditions it stated that a theird party must replace the floor boards. I couldne believe it

The best bet is to get in contact with a local carpet fitter and add the cost to the quote, I think customers like the idea of a carpet fitter putting the carpets back down "properly" as it shows a bit more respect to their property, and it's the last thing on my mind after an install when I'm trying to clear up and clear out to get the carpets down properly,

why not, I trained as a plumber, if its a corner of carpet not an issue, tap tap tap, if the whole carpet is rolled back then customer is responsible for sorting it out if need be, I dont want to be accused of overstretching a £4k carpet.

I see where you guys are coming from but, I thought it would be nice for the client if you could do it without them having to get another trades person in. I donhate doing it and it is never as good as it was before.

I see where you guys are coming from but, I thought it would be nice for the client if you could do it without them having to get another trades person in. I donhate doing it and it is never as good as it was before.

so you cant relay a carpet decently as you say so why try and get hassle doing so

The carpets I encounter are the ones where you lift them up fold them over and they turn to dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to putting carpets back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock