Discuss putting carpets back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not, I trained as a plumber, if its a corner of carpet not an issue, tap tap tap, if the whole carpet is rolled back then customer is responsible for sorting it out if need be, I dont want to be accused of overstretching a £4k carpet.

Haha lame how unlucky can we be, I've never had to investigate one of the guys damaging a £100 carpet, they are always £50 m2, and when you visit, it's been chucked out, and the total value of the rest of all the house carpets doesn't even add up to £50 never mind £50 m2

I see where you guys are coming from but, I thought it would be nice for the client if you could do it without them having to get another trades person in. I donhate doing it and it is never as good as it was before.

Include your guy in your price, and make a few quid on top, (and it means you also get your own carpets fitted for free)

I write in the quote that I will relay the carpets within reason and if the custard thinks it needs to be done better then it's down to them to employ a carpet fitter.

Some carpets fall to dust as soon as you touch them!

I write in the quote that I will relay the carpets within reason and if the custard thinks it needs to be done better then it's down to them to employ a carpet fitter.

Some carpets fall to dust as soon as you touch them!

I believe I shall be adding this to my quotes

No, surely you don't do that?

I got a copy of a british gas quote which in their terms and conditions it stated that a theird party must replace the floor boards. I couldne believe it

In practice the BG engineer lifts the carpets and floor boards and replaces them too

Stretch back using your shoes. Hammer down edges onto grip strips. Tuck down edges with bolster.

You'd never know they'd been up.

If you start putting on extras like carpet fitters, surely you'll price out of jobs in these price sensitive times.
I re lay all my own, but tell them if my best isn't good enough they'll have to pay to,get some one in. Obviously not as blunt as that, but you get the jist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to putting carpets back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock